Chickpea Curry and rice:
• Boiled Chickpeas / Canned Chickpeas
• Tomato / Tomato Puree
• Fresh Ginger
• Fresh Garlic
• Green Chilies
• Cumin Seeds
• Coriander Seeds
• Fresh Coriander Leaves
• Turmeric powder
• Chana Masala (Indian Spice)
• Garam Masala (Indian Spice)
Procedure:1. Peel and cut the onions, ginger and garlic. Rinse in water
2. Grind Onions into a paste
3. Grind Garlic and Ginger together into a paste
4. Cut green chilies into small pieces (If you want to make it more spicy , add more chilies according to your taste)
5. If you are using tomatoes, Grind the tomatoes separately into a paste
6. Wash and cut the coriander leaves.
7. Put some oil in a pan and let it heat a bit
8. Add Cumin and Coriander seeds to the oil. Let the seeds frizzle a bit in the oil.
9. Once the color of the seeds is brown, add all the onion
10. Let the onion cook to light brown.
11. Then add salt and turmeric. Lower the heat and let the onions and turmeric powder cook.
12. Once the onion and turmeric is cooked and all the water is evaporated, add the garlic and ginger paste
13. Let it cook for some time.
14. Then add the tomato / tomato puree along with the green chilies and stir well.
15. Add some water and cover the pan and let the mix cook at low heat for 5-8 minutes.
16. Add the Boiled Chickpeas to the curry . At the same time, add the Chana masala and Garam Masala. Stir well and cover.
17. Cook for 10 mins on medium heat.
18. Put the coriander leaves in the curry and stir.
19. Add more salt if required
20. Wash and Soak Rice for 10 mins
21. In a pan, put the rice, water , salt and one tea spoon of oil and let it boil
22. Let the water evaporate.
23. Serve the chickpea with rice.
Green Salad with Dressing:
- Olive Oil
1. Wash and cut cucumber, celery, tomatoes and lattice into small pieces
2. For the dressing, in a bowl, add 3 tbsp. of Vinegar, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
3. Pour the dressing on the salad and mix well.
4. And its all ready to serve