3 cups cooked basmati rice
3 cups cooked vegetables
½ cup roasted almonds
¼ tsp black pepper
3 Tbs soy sauce
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
-Heat oven to 350 , oil 2 pans
-prepare the stuffing by combining rice, vegetables, almonds, soy sauce and spices in a bowl and mix well with a spoon.
-brush 2-3 papers of pastry with oil, place in a small bowl; add some stuffing (about 4 Tbs) in the middle then cover with the rest of the pastry, flip it over, place in the pan and brush with oil.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 min. until golden.
Lentil soup with swiss chard
1 cup black lentils
2 onions or leeks
2 bundles of Swiss chard
1 tsp mixed spices, coriander, cumin and ginger.
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 Tbs olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
5 cups of vegetable broth
- Wash lentils and soak in water for 1 hour.
- Cut leeks finely then wash and drain.
- Wash and drain the chard and chop coarsely.
- Put the broth in a cooking pan, add the lentils and cook over medium heat until the lentils are soft. Add the Swiss chard and continue cooking for another 15 min.
- Heat the oil and fry the leeks, add the spices, then add this to the lentils and swiss chard.
- Add the lemon juice. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.