Paneer & Vegetable Curry
Paneer (8-10 cubes)
1 c. frozen mixed vegetables
4 tbsp oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 large onion
1 c. water
1 tsp tandoori masala
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 c. yogurt
2 large tomato
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp cashews, soaked
pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Combine all ingredients for Tomato-Yogurt Paste in a food processor or blender. Set aside for later.
Blend onion into a separate paste. Heat oil, reduce heat to medium and add garlic and cook until light brown. Add onion paste to pan and fry until golden. Add the tomato-yogurt paste to the pan and fry for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
Add water and bring to a boil. Add tandoori masala and sugar. The sugar is optional only if the yogurt is sour. Next add the mixed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
In a separate pan, stir fry the cubes of paneer. After the vegetables have been cooked, add the paneer to the pan. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and then remove from heat. Serve over rice with yogurt.
Add kasoori methi powder in end.
MIXED VEGETABLE PULAV
Basmathi Rice-2 cups
Carrot-1/4 cup (Cut in small cubes)
French Beans-1/4 cups (Cut in 1”size)
Green Peas-1/4 cup (Fresh or frozen)
Shahi Jeera-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
• Wash and soak rice before 30 minutes of cooking.
• Now heat butter, in low medium heat ,in wide mouth pan.
• Once butter is melted then add shahi jeera and all garam masala.
• Fry in low flame till you get nice aroma of garam masala.
• Now put all vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
• Drain the water of soaked rice and add to fried vegetables.
• Fry rice along with vegetable till rice leaves its raw smell.
• Now add 4 cups of hot water along with salt.
• Cook in medium heat till rice and vegetable is done completely.