1 pound crushed Freekeh (2 cups)
1 medium onion OR leeks
2 Tbs olive oil
8 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
• Clean Freekeh and wash, then soak in water for about 7 hours.
• Drain it and set aside.
• Cut the onions or leeks very small, and sauté in olive oil.
• Add the Freekeh to the onions and stir until it is all coated with oil. (About 3 min.)
• Boil the stock and add it to the Freekeh.
• Add salt and pepper then cover on medium heat for ½ hour and simmer for another 1 hour.
• You can add ¼ tsp all spice.
• Freekeh should be very soft when eaten.
1 Kilo potatoes
1 Tbs butter
Salt and pepper
4 Tbs roasted sesame seeds
Boil potatoes for about 50 min.
Peel and mash.
Add butter, salt and pepper.
Spread it in a buttered pan or Pyrex
Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Cover with foil, and bake on medium for 20 min.
Uncover 10 more minutes.
Spinach Salad with sesame dressing
10 OZ spinach leaves
5 Tbs bean sprouts
1 cup corn or cut up sweet pepper
2 Tbs sunflower seeds
• Wash and dry spinach leaves.
• Peel Clementine and remove the skin.
• Wash sprouts and drain.
• Wash red sweet pepper and cut up into small strips.
• Mix all ingredients, add the dressing and enjoy.